Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Fresh Kills _ Pearly Gates - Day 17


Pearly Gates - Day 17
Again the questions.  What’s next? Is this real? Is reality a state of mind?
Is there really a heaven on the other side of this bubble where my soul nurtures itself, reconciles itself to the next great pain, birth into the next level or whatever?
I have to say that if I get to the so-called pearly gates, I somehow know that Saint Peter will be on the right side of the gate and Moses will be on the left side.
Why are you here Saint Peter and not enjoying your reward inside?
There’s a reward inside?  Nobody told me.
(Thick.)
Actually I am here because I doubted three times or so I have been allegedly quoted as saying.  Words are energy.  Words on paper are a form of energy too.  I exist in that energy.
And you Moses? You doubted as well. Can’t you go inside and chill?
I could say that maybe I doubted a little but just a little. I am maybe considering if it is worth it to doubt a second time.
But then again I could say that I am keeping an eye on the guy on the other side to the gate, my partner so to speak, make sure he stays honest with the in and the out thing with the gate.  Maybe he won’t let some minorities through the gate if you know what I mean.
Peter shoots a fierce look at Moses and gestures his attention and body language as if ready to walk to the other side of the gateway.
Stay where you are at my good man.  Stay on your side of the street.  I was on this side first.
The image fades.
The day is over.  No stroller or baby carriage for my baby sister.  My mother carries her on her hip as we walk home.  Stroller, carriage, such luxuries for a working class housewife and mother etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment