Friday, January 12, 2018

Fresh Kills _ Alone in Death - Day 5


Alone in Death – Day 5
Perhaps the fear of death is the greatest fear for some.
I remember the apprehension and absolute fear as I at first, in amazement, no shock, made the realization that the object, cause of my death, was rushing at me at hundreds of miles per hour.
It was all so quick.  I had fear for a split second.  Then it was all over.
As I sit in this anti-world, anti-life, disembodied place, I reflect.
So much of what the world is about is that long nagging, most times ignored, question – what happens when I die.  Which is often mixed with the question – what happens after death?
Is this a split second in time, that my brain and its conscious function are trapped in, following my murder?
There, I finally used the word murder.  Cause of death – “Homicide”, at “Place of Work” – flashes across my thoughts.  That is what the death certificate will say.  But did they ever find a body as evidence.  Highly unlikely.
No wonder I am in limbo. Limbo? Is that it? It is a real (unreal) place somewhere in the cosmos on merely on the bottom half of that head of a needle thing populated by angels?
Angels?  Haven’t seen any.
Did I hear any?
A strange sound in the distance.
What was that?

Silence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment